Monday, October 3, 2011

China, two words: Incredibly Impressive


Day 0:
Continuing the story from where I left off in the status message : heavens above bestow some grace, and I finally land in HKG at 2.30am, only 8 hours after the scheduled time. I see Cathay Pacific ground trying their best to arrange transport for most people but are helpless to send me where I want to go: China.

The option I'm suggested by Mr. Jack: take a taxi to the border, walk and cross the Chinese immigration and Customs, and take another taxi to the hotel. All this - at 4am-  in a country I've never stepped foot on, in a language that I don't speak or read, and where the nobody speaks english. I am smiling, wondering what lies ahead.

Warnings Mr. Jack gives me:
-beware of pick pockets, 
-don't talk to people who try to be too friendly, 
-spread your money in different pockets
-don't seem like a traveler. Wonder how?

No comments:

Post a Comment